The “Product Innovation Project” is a course offered by the Institute of Innovation and Industrial Management (former Institute of Industrial Management and Innovation Research) at Graz University of Technology. The course is following the concept of problem based learning. Within the framework of product innovation project, student teams are working on tasks given by an industrial partner. They are supported by the teaching stuff but are independent in choosing tools and methods to resolve the given task.
“Product Innovation Project” is not a course as many others. By applying to the course, students show that they are willing to face a real challenge. This is what you also have to deal with out there in the real world after academic education – the real challenge. Students use all they have learned – their knowledge, but also their soft skills. They are working in a team, so every team member is carrying a part of the team´s responsibility!
- Task given directly from the industry
- Interdisciplinary teams of students
- A budget for the realisation of your ideas
- Cooperation of international universities
Result of the project
- Product concept
- Working prototype
- Provided by the Institute of Innovation and Industrial Management (former Institute of Industrial Management and Innovation Research), Graz University of Technology
- Language: english
- Commitment to one full academic year (October – May)
- Interest in product development
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work in teams, professional manner, solid time management skills
The Product Innovation Project course is primarily aimed at students of engineering, industrial design or business who are interested in product development of investment or consumer goods. However, the course is open for other students as well and there have even been participants from various master’s studies e.g. cognitive science, agriculture, or biology. The course is intended for the final stage of studies.